Friday, April 13, 2012

Hey, Europe!

Phew! The past couple of weeks have been busy, and not just because the end of term is coming up (though that doesn't help). Jon and I have been bouncing around Europe visiting Scotland, Spain, and France!

Scotland was great because we were able to catch up with some Cobleskill friends, and hang out with them for the weekend. Then on Sunday before we flew back to Dublin, we spent the day in Edinburgh. After enjoying Scotland for a couple of days, I cannot wait to go back.

Pictured here from the top left, is my friend Jess, who we were visiting; me and Jon on top of Hailes Castle; and a shot of Hailes Castle. The castle was right down the hill from where we were staying - on a farm. 

The crest at Edinburgh Castle, Jon and I at Edinburgh Castle looking over the city, Edinburgh Castle, and the world's best bagpiper (because it can't actually play- hah!) and Jon.

Spain was phenomenal. We really enjoyed the laid back atmosphere here. We toured around the city, visited another castle, rode in a cable car, and enjoyed a very sunny day at the beach.

We picked up my brother Logan in Barcelona, and the three of us made our way to Paris. We took a bicycle tour around the city and got to see some of the incredible sights. We also enjoyed a delicious crepe for lunch. Logan and I stayed in Versailles, and were able to see the Palace of Versailles (bottom left picture).

Logan and I flew back to Dublin after a slightly disappointing time in France. We were supposed to visit Normandy, but with the Easter holiday, the tour company's wires got crossed and gave us the wrong info. Long story short, we didn't go to Normandy :(. While in Ireland, I took Logan up to Northern Ireland for a day trip to the Giant's Causeway, the Carrick-a-Rede Rope Bridge, and Belfast. We had gorgeous weather for a day on the northern coast.

I had a ton of fun adventuring around with my not-so-little brother. Hopefully we'll get to do it again in the future. Can't believe that boy graduates from high school in June. Man, I'm getting old.


No comments:

Post a Comment