Wednesday, May 9, 2012

An addition to the family

We are proud to announce that The Downes' will be welcoming a bundle of joy in November! Jon and I are both so excited for our new addition.

Here is the baby at about 13 weeks.
We will be having the baby in Ireland, so the little one will be both an Irish and an American citizen (way cool!) As if being pregnant weren't overwhelming and amazing enough, try navigating a completely foreign healthcare system. The maternity care here is free (which still is incredible to me), and the nurses and midwives are awesome.

I will try to keep this updated as we progress. Currently I'm 13 weeks along, but when the ultrasound was done a little over a week ago, the technician said the baby was measuring at about 12 weeks 6 days, so I don't really know where I am now. It still amazes me that I'm growing a little human. Man, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment