Monday, September 3, 2012

Reflections

One year ago today Jon and I celebrated our love for each other with our family and friends. It was an incredible day that went far too quickly. Instead of me babbling on about it, I think our wedding day is best illustrated in photos (taken by the talented John Bagdovitz).

These are some of my favorites of the bridal party. Yes, we really did go wading in the Oswegatchie River before the wedding, it was flipping hot out. And yes, the boys each had flasks to keep them lubricated throughout the day.

Our friend Jason married us, with an incredibly personal and secular ceremony. We were literally surrounded by our family in friends, with some of them floating in canoes and kayaks on the water below us. Caitlin Lee, the bagpiper, led the procession and kicked off the festivities, and was decidedly apropo since we were moving to Ireland. My two dads walked me down the aisle, something I'm so grateful for.

These people made this wedding happen. Kari did a killer reading of one of our favorite Martin Sexton songs, "Happy" and Robin and Jess were the best bridesmaids ever. A huge shout out to Doug and Kelly Tanner - Doug, you were a fantastic best man, and Kelly, aside from beautifying me, you acted as an impromptu wedding planner, and saver of my sanity. Thank you so much to our incredible families for helping us plan the wedding, and pitching in to do all sorts of stuff. 

Some fun details: Chucks on the men; pretty flowers; gorgeous handcrafted wedding bands from Silver Bench Jewelry; a fun bicycle exit (sneakily planned by Jon); manly boutonnieres; embroidered pocket squares; and, reversible suit vests for the men. 

A few of my favorite moments from the reception: best man and maid of honor speeches; thanking Lydia for making the most beautiful wedding dress a girl could ask for; snuggling our dog; and, enjoying the one bite of wedding pie that my husband and his baking entourage made.

The dances: our first dance, mother-son, father-daughter, and dances with my grandpas.

These are some of my favorites of us. 

There are so many more photos, I could have edited photos all day long and had a post a mile long. The wedding was so much fun, and it was great to spend Labor Day weekend hanging out with our friends and family. Here's to many more years of wedded bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment