Friday, August 31, 2012

Sweet Summertime

The summer has flown by! I can't believe it's almost September, though the weather here in Dublin has been hinting at fall for the past few days. Honestly, the Irish weather never really showed us a true summer, but that's beside the point.


I spent three (short) weeks home with family and friends. I got to watch my little brother walk across the stage and get his hard earned high school diploma. I got to lounge in my parents pool (it was much needed - it was super hot in upstate New York!). I got to spend a day, with my family and friends, showering Baby Downes with so much love. I saw the Olympic torch relay through Dublin, and I finished writing my thesis! Jon and I also traveled up to the north to Belfast for a quick get away to visit some friends and checked out the Titanic Experience while we were there. We also got to see some tall ships while they were in Dublin.


Honestly, the thesis was kind of the bain of my existence, as it loomed over the house like an Irish rain cloud, but now, it's all said and done. AND, I'm finished with grad school! Just in time too, now I get to spend the next couple of months preparing (as much as one can prepare) for the baby. And, if the past week is any indication of the amount of nesting that will be done, the upcoming months will be filled with it, I'm sure. I framed an incredible print for the baby's room that we picked up at the local market from a Dublin artist (The Printing Rooms) who specializes in linocuts. The pyramid of farm animals was just too cute to resist and looks perfect on the wall. I tried my hand at knitting in the round, and I'd have to say, the hat I made for the little guy turned out pretty good!

Now, Jon and I are off to spend the weekend in Cork to celebrate our anniversary! Man has the past year been a busy, but incredible one.






No comments:

Post a Comment