Sunday, February 26, 2012

Oh yeah, we saw Ireland

Last week mom, dad, and I were able to drink in the gorgeous Irish countryside. We toured the west of Ireland, visiting the Cliffs of Moher, Doolen, The Burren, Connemara, Kylemore Abbey, and Galway. We also were able to head north to check out Belfast, Carrick-a-Rede, the Giants Causeway, and other beautiful spots along the northern coast.

Images from top going clockwise-ish: Cliffs of Moher; me and dad crossing the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge: Dad, mom and me at Carrick-a-Rede; Mom and dad at The Burren; and the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge.


All of these images are from the Giants Causeway up in Northern Ireland. 

We had a fantastic time seeing everything, but I think the highlight, for me, was the northern tour of Carrick-a-Rede and the Giants Causeway. These are truly beautiful, well respected places - something that's hard to come by these days. And, I can't wait to go back (I think I'll take my brother north when he visits in April).


1 comment:

  1. It's so pretty! It looks like a great time in Ireland! I should make my way there in the future! :)

    ReplyDelete