Sunday, January 22, 2012

Flat Stanley Does Dublin: Part 1

I visited my mom's preschool while I was home in Lowville over the holidays, and her class had been learning about Flat Stanley, a beloved children's book character. They asked if there was enough room in my luggage for him to fly back to Dublin with me. Naturally, Stanley being nice and flat and accommodating, he fit perfectly into my suitcase.

Since Stanley has been in Dublin, we have been quite busy. Follow along as Jon and I show our flat friend around our fair city.

Flat Stanley is excited for his journey to Ireland!
Flat Stanley visited Jon at work - The Bald Barista. He makes delicious coffee!

 He got to ride on a double-decker bus around Dublin.

Flat Stanley visited Gammell's Bakery, where he and I enjoyed tea and Cornish Pasty.

We cruised around the city on my bike. Flat Stanley had to hang on tight in my basket because it was so windy!
  
The Temple Bar Cultural Trust had a Chinese New Year celebration.
We decided to check it out. There was a dancing dragon and people playing these cool drums. It was pretty awesome.





No comments:

Post a Comment