Saturday, November 12, 2011

We're a no car family! Yeah, we're one of those families....

This isn't necessarily news anymore, but I think it's worth sharing. Before moving to Ireland I sold my beloved "Suzie," my trusty Subaru Outback. It was a sad day for me, but I knew she was going to a good home This is her hiding under a crap ton of snow.


 When we arrived in Ireland, our first order of business was to score some sweet bikes, since that and public transportation would be our wheels. Easy peasy.

This is my sweet ride Loretta. 

Jon didn't have luck selling his beloved Jeep aka Rubin before we left, so the Jeep camped out with the uncle for a couple months in hopes of finding a new home. 

Here's Rubin all gussied up at the wedding.

Well, luck be a lady tonight! Rubin has been sold and is now living in Queens with a new family. This means The Downes' are a no car family. Pretty freaking awesome if you ask me. Yeah, yeah, we know, we won't have a car when/if we come home... How will we survive? Well, right now we're managing quite well in a foreign country without a vehicle. And, I can honestly say I haven't missed having a car once since I've been here (traffic is insaneo, and petrol is 1.49 euros a liter). Ok, maybe yesterday it would have been handy to have a car, but still, that's one day in the past two months.

So, for now, we're going to continue cycling around this city and totally own being a no car family.


No comments:

Post a Comment