Friday, November 25, 2011

My Irish Thanksgiving

My friend Jillian (she's in my program and the only other American in our class) and I wanted to cook up a Thanksgiving feast. We cooked up our vegan feast at Seomra Spraoi, a social center on the north side of the city, where a few of our classmates joined us and nearly 30 enjoyed the fruits of our labor. Sadly because I was busy in the kitchen I managed only a couple of photos.


We made homemade cranberry sauce, a vat of mashed potatoes, tasty mushroom gravy, lentil veggie loaf- or as we called it Thanksgiving loaf, and stuffing. To top it off we baked up mini pumpkin pies from fresh pumpkin! It was a lovely and made being away from friends and family back in the states a little bit better.


I did get to visit the family via Skype (thank god for technology) and chatted with the houseful of my family, which was pretty cool.

Hope your holiday was full of thanks, love, family and friends, oh, and plenty of good food!

No comments:

Post a Comment