Thursday, July 22, 2010

Vroman's Nose and ice cream

All summer long I kept talking about how pretty the Vroman's Nose is. So finally, Steph made me take her for a hike. 



We met up after work, put on some comfy shoes, filled our water bottles and grabbed the dog - we were really excited for this little hike. Side note: who ever maintains the trails there has done some serious trail maintenance. There's a new trail that goes into the woods a bit before bringing you out to the trail registry. 
One of the many things I love about the hike up the Nose, is that it's so stinkin' short, and relatively easy! We made it up, all three of us, without incident, in probably 20 minutes.


This is what it looks like from the top.Can you see why I love it so much? It's got killer views of the beautiful Schoharie Valley. This is the view looking toward Blenheim and Gilboa, up Route 30.


Yay, we made it! Grania does not like having her picture taken.


After we made it down off the Nose, we decided that we deserved an ice cream treat from Amy's Place (just outside of Middleburgh on Route 145). 


Oh man, what a treat it was. I swear I ordered a small, and this is what they gave me. Either there was some serious miscommunication there, or they have Paul Bunyan sized portions.


Even Grania got a treat! I treated her to a puppy sundae - soft vanilla ice cream with peanut butter dog biscuits on top. As she was eating it people kept walking by and giggling. I mean really, how cute is that, a dog eating ice cream? Yeah, I bet it made people wish they had a dog as awesome as her.


Delish!


No comments:

Post a Comment